Now Fedora comes with “PackageKit”, a graphical tool for automated updates. However, the packagekit updates need the approval from the user and also a graphical interface.
Continue reading How to activate automatic updates on Fedora 9-17
Fedora 11 was released on date June 9, 2009 after a lot of delays caused by bugs in the installer. This new version of fedora is one of the best releases from fedora 1.
The main features are:
- 20 seconds boot
- EXT4 used by default
- Finger print reader capacity enabled on gdm and screen savers
- Fixes on QEMU and KVM integration
- Kernel 2.6.29 with 2.6.30 backport
- Realtime kernel feature, less battery consumption!
- AES-256 use with XTS-256 by default for whole hard drive cypher
- Yum presto (Delta RPMS)
- Per application independent volume control
- DNS Security
- Less memory consumption
- KDE 4.2 (Available from fedora 9 in updates)
- Firefox 3.5
Next… a review of these features…
Continue reading Fedora 11 Review
This guide will enable you to configure your nvidia card on fedora 11 with 3d acceleration (64bit-version)
Continue reading Installing NVIDIA on Fedora 11